Old Sarum Creative Community Events – Summer Activities from 5x5x5=creativity
Next month, with fellow 5x5x5=creativity artist Catherine Lamont Robinson, I will be running two creative events for the Old Sarum community, in partnership with local cultural and community partners. Here’s a summary of what will be on offer at these exciting, FREE events for all ages…
Making Places – Friday 9th August, 11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Where? Old Sarum Community Rooms on Partridge Way, and local outdoor spaces
What? Drop-In creative activities for all ages, making and designing buildings, with natural and re-cycled materials. No unaccompanied children please…
- Be inspired by artworks made and exhibited by local young people
- Create environmental artwork with 5x5x5=creativity artists James and Catherine
- Get playful with Clearbury Children’s Centre’s wigwams
- Try stone carving with Salisbury Cathedral
- Find out how Old Sarum was made and build your own version with English Heritage
Grow it, Cook it, Eat it – Saturday 31st August 11.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Where? – Old Sarum Community Rooms on Partridge Way, and local outdoor spaces
What? Drop-In creative activities for all ages, exploring the growing, cooking and eating of food. No unaccompanied children please…
- Try your hand at Cookery and find out more about your local Community Garden with The Wiltshire Wildlife Trust’s Food Champions Team
- Get hands-on making your own plant and food themed artwork, and let us know what you want for the future of your creative community project, with 5x5x5=creativity artists James, Catherine and Susan
- Find out what people ate at Old Sarum in the past, and how they caught and cooked it, with English Heritage